Lidocaine 2% Injection Local Anesthetic, 250mL
Login for pricing
- Usually Ships Within 24 Hours
- Product Type:
Lidocaine 2% Injection Local Anesthetic, 250mL for Pets and Livestock
Lidocaine 2% Injection is a potent local anesthetic, specifically formulated for producing epidural, nerve conduction, and infiltration anesthesia. It is designed for use in dogs, cats, cattle, and horses, making it an essential item in any veterinary practice. This 250mL solution offers quick and effective pain relief, ensuring the comfort and safety of animals during various medical procedures.
Key Features and Benefits for Animal Health
- Quick-Acting Relief: Ensures rapid anesthesia for comfort during procedures.
- Suitable for Multiple Species: Effective for use in dogs, cats, cattle, and horses.
- Bulk Packaging: 250mL size ideal for frequent use in veterinary settings.
- Stringent Quality Standards: Made with the highest level of purity and safety for animal care.
Each mL contains:
- Lidocaine Hydrochloride: 2.0%
- Propylene Glycol: 5.2%
- Sodium Chloride: 0.5%
- Sodium Lactate: 0.5%
- Preservatives: Methylparaben (0.15%), Sodium Metabisulfite (0.10%), Propylparaben (0.03%), Disodium Edetate (0.001%)
- Local or regional anesthesia in various animal species
- Nerve blocks for surgical and diagnostic procedures
- Pain management during minor surgeries in pets and livestock
Contraindications and Cautions
- Contraindicated in animals with known hypersensitivity to lidocaine.
- Caution is advised in animals with pre-existing cardiac conditions.
Usage and Administration
Dosage and Administration
- Cattle and Horses: 5 to 15 mL.
- Dogs and Cats: 1 mL per 10 pounds of body weight.
- Cattle and Horses: 5 to 20 mL.
- Dilute to a 0.5% concentration (1 mL of 2% solution diluted with 3 mL of sterile water = 4 mL of a 0.5% solution).
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Lidocaine is usually well tolerated. However, untoward effects may occur due to hypersensitivity, faulty technique, overdosage, and inadvertent intravascular or subarachnoid injection. In case of respiratory arrest, immediate resuscitation with oxygen is indicated.
Store at controlled room temperature between 15°C and 30°C (59°F-86°F).
FOR RX ONLY: A valid prescription from a licensed veterinarian is required for dispensing this medication.